Audition & Help Wanted
Currently, there are auditions for the album artwork, speaking roles, and singing roles.
Speaking actors/graphic designers, please send your files to email@example.com (Amelie’s email).
Singers and lyricists, please direct your auditions to firstname.lastname@example.org (Laura’s email)
So, we’re making an audiobook for Dalton! Excited?
Auditions are open for missing roles after a chapter have been posted. For example, we won’t cast Tabitha until we have recorded chapter two, since she appears in chapter three.
For chapter two, we need Dwight and the entire New Directions team, in speaking and singing voices.
The deadline for this chapter is infinite (until we have found a number of auditions sufficient to put up a poll).
What you’ll need to do if you want to audition:
- Read the part for your character and record it using a microphone. We’re not talking expensive audio equipment here - just some fairly decent mic will do. Heck, even webcam mics work. If you’re new to recording, I’d suggest using Audacity as your software. It’s free and easy to use.
- Just read your assigned lines. For example, if you’re playing Wes, and reading the part when Wes was discussing Klaine with David, just pause after your lines, and read on. Ignore whatever David is saying, just be Wes. M’kay?
- Send the file to me at email@example.com
- I’ll post your audition up on this tumblr for people to vote for the best voice actor/actress.
- If chosen, you’ll become part of the team! If not, well, don’t be sad. In case something interrupts the recording (personal issues, etc.), the second best as voted will be called in to replace or substitute for the AWL (absent with leave) person. All clear?
Well, here are the parts you need to read if you’re auditioning for a character:
Shut up. With your bone structure, you could totally pull off a Rosemary’s Baby look. I’m going to look like Jackie Chan.
Five minutes ago, you said Mr. Schue belonged in a twelve step program.
I’m so in love I may just start crying.
Everyday is Valentine’s Day when I’m with you. I’m so overcome with love.
She called the Ohio Secretary of State saying she was me and that I wanted to legally change my name to Tina Cohen-Loser.
Sorry Santana, I’m a beautiful person. I’m in love with myself and I would never change a thing.
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.
Being a guy my age is tough. Between Glee and football and school and being popular, I’m just kind of overwhelmed. Everyone wants something from me, and I don’t have the energy to do it all. I don’t know how important people like presidents or newscasters or mob bosses do it. My mom says I’m stretched too thin, so I gave up homework; but that didn’t help. All I know is, last night I got vaporized on level two. Level two! And I didn’t even have the energy to care.
I’m human garbage. I should just lie here until the truck comes and let it crush me to death. What’s the point of living when I suck so bad?
Get ready, black girl from Glee Club whose name I can’t remember right now; the Puckster is about to make you his.
I feel like that guy who lost all his hair and then lost all his strength.
Since I shaved my mohawk, I started seeing things differently. Last week, I joined a black church. And I recently downloaded every song Sammy Davis Junior ever recorded on iTunes; he was a black Jew, you know. And my inspiration.
Did she just say she wanted to eat us?
I’m kinda getting cold feet here.
It’s simple math, Mr. Schue; the “Glist” was posted at a height of five and a half feet, comfortably out of my reach; it could not have been me.
I sound like someone put tap shoes on a horse and then shot it.
That’s my point. Hear me out. Remember how excited you get when you would think about Santa Claus? How awesome it was? Christmas was the highlight of the year. Why wouldn’t you want to keep someone’s world magical for a little longer?
I was afraid to dance outside my room.
The Asian community is very tight.
I don’t wanna do it.
I don’t even know if I can sing! Everyone knows I’m here to do one thing…dance. You sing and I’ll dance around you. You’ll be fine.
Yeah, we’re done talking about this. It ends now. Just back off, alright?
I’m pretty sure they just added food coloring to real slush in the parking lot.
I told my mom I had the flu and she made me a traditional tea made out of panda hair.
1) Auditions will be posted here to be voted on, same as speaking auditions.
2) You will not be limited in the number of singing roles you can have. I will use my own discretion if I think two voices which appear frequently or appear in the same song, sound too similar. If a character who sings only once or twice (ex. Rachel or Dwight) sounds similar to any other character, that does not matter. However if two frequently appearing characters, or characters which sing in the same song sound too similar, I will have to choose the runner up for the role, according to the votes.
3) I am very sorry to say that I must look at recording quality in this situation. If your audition has a lot of background noise, buzzing, or feedback, or is too quiet, and I cannot edit it to fix the issue, I will have to remove it. Again, I apologize for having this limitation, but I must. As voices will be edited together, and background tracks will be added, I cannot have some tracks that do not blend well with the others due to these issues. However, if I must remove your track, I will notify you, and you will still be able to audition again for future roles. I am not looking for professional quality recordings here, just ones which are somewhat clear. If you can borrow better equipment, or edit your own audio to make it sound clearer, I encourage that.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will answer you as soon as I can.
That’s it! Break a leg to all who will enter!